Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thankfully... Back on track. Week 2 - Day 1

Happy New Year!

Thankfully, the situation was resolved in a positive manner. It could have been MUCH worse. Teenage OTC drug abuse is on the rise, especially with Dextromethorphan (Robitussin-D, Coriciden) and Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). How to abuse this stuff, sadly, is all over the Net.

With my family concerns put to rest (for the moment), I am getting back on track with my HEAT program.

Today we started cardio on a ski type elliptical machine for interval training 2 minutes at a working pace, then :30 if higher intensity for 20 minutes. I started with the machine at full incline, which at first didn't seem too bad, but about 10 minutes into it, I realized it was a mistake, so i reduced the setting from 10 to 1 and finished with my Quads in a frazzle. This MAJORLY affected a later exercize.

The warm-up exercises were a good additional stretch after the new cardio circuit. the "Yoga Push-Up" position was a bit difficult, so I just went to a "Front-Leaning Rest" type position instead.

The weight circuit was pretty good. I started light just to see where I was at with it, and I think I could move up at least 5# when I do it again. I just didn't quite hit muscle failure, but was really close. The one exercise that I really felt was difficult was the "Uni-squat." My Quads were already screaming from the cardio, and I also learned that my balance is severely lacking. I clumsily stammered through 15 reps on each side.

Over all it was a strange, but effective workout. Again, I am a rookie to all of this, so I'm sure I will get better.

Tomorrow, a 2 cycle repeat of last weeks workout with reduced rest times. I'll really be able to tell how much the days off affects my performance with that one. My hope is to get through all 7 days in that actual time frame, even though I have to go out of town next weekend. Also, I have a JKD workout scheduled for Sunday at the Tom Harvey Training facility. Tom, I'm working on my "On-Guard."

Amy Kelly suggested to me that I log my measurements at the start, or I'd regret it later. So, tomorrow, before I go out for my HEAT session, I will record them.




No comments:

Post a Comment